Wednesday, May 26, 2010

part of a wise man

It is the part of a wise man to forget the inevitable calamities of life in the enjoyment of the fleeting hour , that is not mine , that was “Rustan ”  In the days of his time … the emperors being  insecure and extremely paranoid would chop of your head at the very mention of something they viewed as  unpleasant , Rustan  joked that every time he left his masters presence , he had to check if his neck was still holding his head , such were the times they lived in and he would never have guessed that his adage would be as effective then as it is today , only now we hardly check our necks for any reason

I have tried to live under the same philosophy, in this much troubled world , there couldn't be a wiser saying

Wise sayings and all , the folly remains . I sometimes wonder where my intelligence works , perhaps it is on a semi permanent vacation , how is it I make some mistakes more than once ?

Is it unreasonable to expect a different outcome from the same mistakes ? i think a mender of minds is required here , I am not asylum material yet  but this juggling of philosophy , ethics and reason may drive me up the wall , hmm …. what does that mean ? Am I in danger of becoming a spider ?

No comments:

Post a Comment